This Clean Eating Apple Hazelnut Cobbler is nothing short of perfect for the holiday season. It’s light on the stomach (great after a heavy, holiday meal!), full of fall flavors and smells like pure heaven while it’s in the oven. Seriously, when people smell your kitchen, they may never leave again. I leave it up to you to decide if that’s a good thing…
Personally, I LOVE it when people gather around the kitchen. All that laughter and warm conversation; the smells of roasting turkey; the occasional wafting aroma of a wonderfully comforting cup of coffee or cider; and best of all, the general, relaxed atmosphere that says, “everybody is safe, happy and enjoying themselves”.
This cobbler definitely exudes that feeling.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Apple Cobbler
(Makes 15 servings)
- 1/2 Cobbler Pastry Recipe (click here for the recipe)
- 6 cups apples, skins/cores removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon tapioca starch or cornstarch
- 2/3 cups hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Milk, for topping
- Cinnamon, for topping
- Make your pastry dough. Have it sliced and ready to go.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a large baking or casserole dish.
- Top the fruit filling with the pastry dough.
- Brush with milk and dust with cinnamon.
- Put in the oven and bake for 40 minutes. Apples should be bubbly when you pull them out.