As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This clean eating mushroom brown rice bowl is a delicious and filling meal.
So I have a new obsession with brown rice bowls. I love them because you can balance out the carbs and protein really easily and any veggie will do. I will be doing lots of these!
The truth is, sometimes you just need a good, 30 minute meal that is naturally pretty balanced nutritionally so you don’t have to think about it. You just cook it and enjoy it and feel good about eating healthier fare. This is just such a recipe!
HEALTH BENEFITS OF MUSHROOMS:
Mushrooms are incredibly good for you! Here’s what they contain in varying amounts.
- Vitamin B
- They help support the immune system via their selenium content.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF CHARD:
Chard is an excellent source of:
- Vitamin K
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BROWN RICE:
While brown rice is a little more calorie dense then white, it also has two advantages over with rice:
- More protein
- More fiber
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Mushroom And Brown Rice Casserole Recipe
- Clean Eating Tuscan White Bean And Brown Rice Bowl Recipe
CLEAN EATING MUSHROOM BROWN RICE BOWL RECIPE:
Clean Eating Mushroom Brown Rice Bowl
- 1 ½ lb. ground turkey
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups chopped chard (tightly packed - you can add more if you wish)
- 2 medium green onions (sliced)
- 3 cups sliced brown mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder (OR 6 cloves minced, fresh garlic)
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning (store bought or homemade)
- Sauté' the chard, green onions and mushrooms in the olive oil until they just begin to wilt and you have a little more room in the pan from the chard cooking down.
- Add the turkey and continue to cook until meat is cooked through.
- While the meat cooks, add the garlic powder, balsamic vinegar, Italian seasoning, and tomato sauce.
- When done, serve over brown rice.
- Season with salt to taste or some parmesan. You won't need both. Just one or the other.