These clean eating honey joys are a delicious treat for you cereal lovers out there!
One of my Australian readers named Dani (she contributed the caramel popcorn recipe on my blog here) emailed me and asked if there was any way I could convert a recipe from the Kellogs web site to a clean eating version.
I was worried because the recipe seemed sort of dependent on the butter content. But as I soon found out, there are plenty of ways to make a dessert sticky!
If you have a sweet tooth, these will definitely satisfy it! But I warn you, they are addictive. “Slippery Slope” addictive. Just sayin’…
Mini Chef totally loved them, my husband was lucky to get a couple of bites, and my in laws seemed to enjoy them thoroughly. So all in all, I’d say these were a dessert success!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING HONEY JOYS RECIPE:
Clean Eating Honey Joys
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 3 cups corn flakes (clean, organic, no sugar added)
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers
- In a pot, over medium heat, melt the brown rice syrup, honey and coconut oil. Stir constantly while melting.
- When completely melted, gently stir in the corn flakes and continue to stir until all the flakes are well coated with the honey mixture.
- Working quickly, scoop the corn flakes into the cupcake papers.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and serve.