These clean eating honey joys are a delicious treat for you cereal lovers out there!
One of my Australian readers named Dani (she contributed the caramel popcorn recipe on my blog here) emailed me and asked if there was any way I could convert a recipe from the Kellogs web site to a clean eating version.
I was worried because the recipe seemed sort of dependent on the butter content. But as I soon found out, there are plenty of ways to make a dessert sticky!
If you have a sweet tooth, these will definitely satisfy it! But I warn you, they are addictive. “Slippery Slope” addictive. Just sayin’…
Mini Chef totally loved them, my husband was lucky to get a couple of bites, and my in laws seemed to enjoy them thoroughly. So all in all, I’d say these were a dessert success!
What You’ll Need
2 tbsp. coconut oil – Make sure this is the stuff that is solid at room temperature. You’ll melt it for the recipe, and it will firm up again as it cools.
¼ cup brown rice syrup – This can be found at most health food stores.
1 tbsp. honey – Any kind you like.
3 cups corn flakes – These should be clean, organic and have no sugar added. I found some at Whole Foods, but I think many health food stores carry them.
How To Make Honey Joys
Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers
In a pot, over medium heat, melt the brown rice syrup, honey and coconut oil. Stir constantly while melting.
When completely melted, gently stir in the corn flakes and continue to stir until all the flakes are well coated with the honey mixture.
Working quickly, scoop the corn flakes into the cupcake papers.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Allow to cool completely and serve.
Need Recipe Supplies?
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
HONEY JOYS RECIPE:
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 3 cups corn flakes (clean, organic, no sugar added)
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake papers
- In a pot, over medium heat, melt the brown rice syrup, honey and coconut oil. Stir constantly while melting.
- When completely melted, gently stir in the corn flakes and continue to stir until all the flakes are well coated with the honey mixture.
- Working quickly, scoop the corn flakes into the cupcake papers.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and serve.