This Chicken Gnocchi Recipe is a delicious meal the whole family will love!
I have a new love in my life. That new love is called Gnocchi. Not just any gnocchi, homemade gnocchi. There are few things I wouldn’t do for a plate of good, homemade gnocchi.
This was my first time making it and I have to say the process took a little figuring out. But once I had a system in place, it all went pretty smoothly!
Gnocchi can be a little time consuming to make, but I wasn’t in the kitchen for more than an hour, so I’m good with that. The first time you make this (if you haven’t made it before) give yourself that extra time knowing that every time thereafter will go much, much faster. But I promise you, it’s worth it!
MORE GNOCCHI RECIPES:
Remember to subscribe to my free newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Chicken Gnocchi Recipe
- 6 cups gnocchi
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (baked with black pepper and cut into bite-size pieces)
- 3 medium zucchini (grated)
- 24 oz. marinara (jarred or homemade – no sugar added)
- 1 large red onion (chopped)
- 6 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp. oil
- fresh basil (chopped for garnish)
- In a large pan, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil. Keep the heat somewhat low so you don't burn the garlic.
- Stir in the zucchini and cook, stirring constantly for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi and chicken and continue to stir until they are warmed through (if they were pre-made) or until everything is well blended.
- Remove from heat, top with marinara and fresh basil and serve.