This easy goulash recipe will have a dinner everyone likes, on the table with minimal fuss.
Goulash is one of those feel-good comfort foods you always like coming home to at the end of a long day. It’s got great flavor, it’s satisfying and it’s not hard to make. It’s got that perfect trifecta happening, and you know we all love those! The only thing better would be if somebody made if FOR me!
But seeing as how Mini Chef is always busy with homework after school, that leaves me to get it all done. I don’t mind, of course, because I love to cook. But I also don’t mind because this recipe is so darn easy. One pot for the pasta and one pan for the meat and you’re in business!
You basically make the meat while the pasta cooks. The meat is super easy to make too. So this whole recipe comes together in about 30-40 minutes, depending on the pasta you use. (The brown rice pasta I use cooks faster than regular, whole grain pasta.)
This is also great for lunch the next day! Just pack it with an ice pack to keep the meat safe. Beyond that, it makes an excellent lunch and my not-so-little guy sure had no complaints!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
EASY GOULASH RECIPE:
Easy Goulash Recipe
- ½ lb. dry pasta ( cooked to package directions)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- ½ small yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb. ground beef ( or turkey)
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (do not strain)
- 2 tsp. dried Italian Herbs
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce (OR tamari OR coconut aminos)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste after cooking
- Set your pasta to cook.
- While the pasta cooks, warm the oil in a skillet.
- Saute the onion and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the meat and cook, stirring constantly, until cooked through.
- Stir in the tomatoes, herbs, paprika and soy sauce (or alternative).
- Continue to cook until half the liquid from the tomatoes has cooked down.
- If using, stir in the cheese and continue to stir over low to medium heat until the cheese has melted.
- Cool slightly and serve.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.