These clean eating fish tacos are fresh, filling and totally tasty!
The world-wide web is an amazing place. In the 1 year and 6 months that I have been publishing this blog, I have met more fabulous people and gotten more encouragement and support than I’ve had for most of my life.
When I started this blog, it was supposed to keep me accountable. It was supposed to give me a record of what I was eating and what kinds of progress I was making.
To say it took on a life of its own, has been an understatement. But that’s a good thing! Because now, I actually feel my responsibility to this thing I have created. I feel like I really am being held accountable for what I eat and what I do by all the people who visit my blog or follow me through social media like Facebook and Instagram.
The people I’ve met through the blogging world are the most amazing and courageous people. They are my heroes. The people I aspire to be like. The people who have been where I’m at, and have beaten bad health down with a baseball bat. The people who glow with vivacity, kindness and an inner strength that is not easily come by.
One such woman is Erin at www.FitMamaTraining.com. Her inspirational story has been printed and hangs on my wall over my computer where I can stare at it every day as a reminder of where this journey will eventually take me. Because, if there’s one thing I’ve learned it’s that, if you choose a path, and stick with it, you WILL eventually get to your destination.
Erin was gracious enough to share this amazing recipe with me to post here. Not only is it fantastically clean, but also a perfectly balanced and healthy meal. To say these are tasty is an understatement!
While I did not follow her recipe (below) exactly due to some dietary restrictions, I’m sharing the recipe with you here in full as she sent it to me. I know you’ll love it as much as I did. These will be a staple in my clean eating menu planning for many years to come.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING FISH TACOS RECIPE:
Clean Eating Fish Tacos
- 8 oz. raw fish (trout, salmon, halibut, cod or shrimp)
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 cup grated cucumber
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice
- 4 small corn tortillas (or whole grain tortillas)
- chili powder to taste
- Rub 1 large fish fillet with cumin and chili powder.
- Cook in pan sprayed with olive oil.
- While the fish is cooking, grate the carrots and cucumber, and chop the cabbage and cilantro. Set aside.
- Break fish into small pieces and divide into 4 tortillas.
- Make the sauce by mixing the yogurt with the lime juice and chili powder.
- Top each taco with yogurt sauce.
- Sprinkle on the cucumber, cabbage and carrots. Top off with the cilantro.