Make this super easy, clean eating crock pot Mexican chicken recipe for your next Taco Tuesday!
A while back, I made a recipe for slow cooker pineapple chicken that was just amazing and way too easy to make. And since I had such fabulous success with that recipe, it got me to thinking about other chicken recipes I could make like this.
So I did a little search online and came up with a lovely recipe from Good Life Eats I just had to try. Her recipe is wonderful and I fully intend on trying to make her version verbatim. But I was in a hurry and didn’t have the time to sauté things. So I took a few shortcuts and came up with a really yummy chicken dish that is perfect for filling tacos (and that’s exactly what I did!).
CROCK POT MEXICAN CHICKEN FOR TACOS
Use this chicken just the same as you would any shredded chicken. Use it as your base meat in your taco or burrito, and build your fillings on top of that. This is a really fast, easy and basic chicken recipe that can even be used in taco salads, served over rice with other toppings or even mixed into a broth with other vegetables for a quick and easy taco soup. This is an excellent base recipe. A jumping off point for many other recipes.
HOW TO SHRED CHICKEN
Shredding chicken is a simple process. If you have a “bare-bones” kitchen, you can simply use two forks and basically tear the chicken between them. But if you happen to have a hand held beater (like you would use for mixing a cake batter or beating eggs), you can use that to easily shred your chicken! Just put the beater into the crock after cooking and turn it on a medium setting. Adjust the speed of your blender to get the job done without spraying bits of chicken everywhere. It’s fast, it’s easy and you can just drop those beaters into the dishwasher when you’re done. Simple!
CROCK POT CHICKEN RECIPES
CROCK POT MEXICAN CHICKEN RECIPE:
Crock Pot Mexican Chicken
- 3 tbsp. clean eating taco seasoning (see link above)
- 2 lb. chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 cup chicken broth (no sugar added)
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir until the chicken breasts are well coated in the spices.
- Arrange the chicken breasts in such a way that they are as close as possible to being a single layer.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on your slow cooker.
- If you are home, flip the chicken half way through its cooking time and arrange it into a single layer.
- The chicken is done when it easily falls apart.