I’ve received countless emails asking for a clean chicken nugget recipe. I’m not sure why I put it off for so long. The truth is, I have had most of the recipe done for quite some time now.
The breading is what was really throwing me. The only thing I could think of was what the chicken mcnuggets from McDonald’s look like. I couldn’t fathom a breading that I could create that would even come close to looking like that.
But then it dawned on me that it didn’t actually have to look anything like the McDonald’s version. And better still, it didn’t have to taste anything like them either. But…. It DID have to taste better!
Mission accomplished. Mini Chef wolfed these down like nothing I’ve ever seen before. So I’m assuming it’s safe to recommend them. These are not dairy free, so I only took a little nibble. But dang that nibble was good!
I would venture a guess that your kids (and maybe a few grownups in your life – yes, even you) will love these too.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 batch homemade bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a cookie sheet.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small, bite-sized chunks (About ½ inch by ½ inch.).
- Break the eggs into a small bowl and beat them with a fork until just well combined.
- Place the bread crumbs in a second small bowl.
- Roll the chicken chunks in the eggs and then in the bread crumbs. Then transfer to a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads about 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.