As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This cranberry overnight oatmeal is a wonderful blend of tart and sweet that is perfect for waking you up gently in the morning.
It’s been seven months now since my mom passed away and I find myself sometimes still cooking for her. I’ll make recipes she enjoyed just so that I can enjoy the memories of her eating them while Mini Chef and I have dinner. It’s one of the many ways I remember her every day.
My mom loved cranberries. Sadly, because of medication she was on, she couldn’t have them. But for the holidays, the doctor allowed her to have a bit of cranberry sauce. Just a taste, but at least she got to have some. She enjoyed that cranberry sauce so much and I smile every time I think of it. The woman really did love her cranberries, and I do too.
So I couldn’t pass up the chance to add that wonderful tart and sweet flavor to some oatmeal. I tossed in a few pecans for good measure, and ended up with a bowl of oats that even Mini Chef enjoyed! (And that’s saying something these days!)
It’s quick to put together, hearty and filling and tastes wonderful first thing in the morning.
More Healthy Oatmeal Recipes
NEED JARS TO MAKE YOUR OVERNIGHT OATS IN?
These pint-sized canning jars are perfect for these recipes! Great for single servings for many different foods!
Cranberry Oatmeal RecipePrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
CLICK TO WATCH THIS RECIPE IN ACTION!
- ½ cup old fashion oats
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, fruit juice sweetened
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp. Sucanat or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- FOR OVERNIGHT OATS:
- Combine all ingredients in a small, zipper-top baggie and toss in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- The night before you plan to eat your oats, place them in a jar or covered bowl with 1 cup milk (any kind) and let sit in the fridge overnight. Serve cold or warm up on the stove top or in the microwave.
- FOR COOKING OATS:
- Combine all ingredients in a small, zipper-top baggie and toss in the freezer for a future busy morning! When you’re ready to cook simply put the contents of the bag into a small pot with a 1 cup of milk (any kind) and cook according to package directions on the oats container.