As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This cold brew coffee is the perfect start to a hot, summer morning!
First thing in the morning, as my eyes slowly open and let in the sunlight, I’m usually pretty foggy-brained. In fact, it can take me a good long while to become fully conscious. Hours even.
I’ve never been a morning person. Even as a kid I was a night owl, much to my poor mother’s dismay. All she wanted was to put me to bed so she could get some actual rest herself after a long, hard day at work. But I was having none of that. I fought her tooth and nail at bedtime, and as soon as I was old enough, I started staying up later and later.
These days, 1pm is my usual bedtime and it feels completely natural. But fate can be a cruel jokester.
I had a little boy almost 9 years ago, and as luck would have it, he’s a morning person. A MORNING PERSON YA’LL!!!
Why, fate??? WHY????!!!!
So needless to say, between my natural bedtime and his natural wake time, I drink a bit of coffee to keep going. And I don’t like to wait a long time between opening my eyes and sipping my first sip of “Life Juice” either.
Serving Mini Chef a nice bowl of overnight oats the other morning, I started wondering if I could have my coffee cold and ready to go first thing as well. It’s hot out and I don’t really want to wake up to a warm cup of coffee knowing that I’ll be sweating all day. (No AC in the new house! Eeek!!)
So I marched straight to the garage for a canning jar, and mornings are now just a little bit sunnier, or at least a bit easier to navigate on just a few hours sleep. I figure, the faster I get some coffee in my system, the happier everyone will be.
What’s that old saying? “If Mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy!”. There is a lot of truth in that statement, and thankfully, everyone is happy around here.
Can I really credit a cup of coffee with happiness? Who knows. Just gimme my coffee and we can talk about it more after I’m fully awake…
And now for making the coffee…
More Healthy Coffee Recipes
- Clean Eating Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Clean Eating Apple Pie Latte
- Clean Eating Blender Coffee (Bullet Proof Latte)
Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
Clean Eating Cold Brew Coffee Recipe
- 1 pint canning jar with lid
- 1 pint water
- 2 tbsp. coffee grounds (or however much you usually use to make your coffee)
- OPTIONAL FLAVORING:
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract OR
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice OR
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice OR
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Combine your coffee grounds and water in a pint-sized canning jar or other equal-sized container with a lid. Add any flavorings you may want as well.
- Set in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, pour the coffee through a sieve add a little ice, any creamer you prefer and you’re good to go!