As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This healthy Cobb salad is my new favorite way to make salads at home!
Cobb salad is something I’ve loved for a very long time. It’s a salad that is near and dear to my heart. I mean… bacon and blue cheese?? Who wouldn’t love that?
The truth is, on a limited basis, and using bacon from the correct source, there’s no reason not to use bacon in a clean eating plan. Same with real blue cheese.
That being said, I try to keep those things in moderation and out of my salads simply because I know I will want more and more of them. (Especially the cheese!) So I figured I’d come up with a cobb salad that was tasty without the addition of those two items. I will admit that if you want to add those two ingredients to this recipe, it would be downright delicious! But honestly, it really is just as good without. Different, but just as yummy.
Note: I used my Italian Salad Dressing on this salad and it was very good!
More Healthy Salad Recipes
Healthy Cobb Salad Recipe
Healthy Cobb Salad
- 2 cups spring mix lettuce (tightly packed for measuring)
- 1 large hard boiled egg (sliced)
- ¼ medium avocado (chopped)
- ½ medium tomato (chopped)
- ¼ small red onion (chopped)
- 2 cups cooked chicken (chopped or shredded)
- If you are particular about your presentation, simply place the salad in a bowl and then add the toppings on in rows as picture above. If not, simply place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, add your desired dressing, and toss, then serve.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!