When I made this spinach summer salad, I had veggies leftover from a visit to a local farm.
It was fantastic, and I loved knowing that I had supported a local farmer while getting some good-for-me nutrients in the process.
My tiny, apartment-sized vegetable garden is not producing yet, so in the meantime, I have no problem buying local produce. Especially since so many farmers in my area avoid the use of pesticides. It seems to be a growing movement that I am proud to support.
This simple farm-fresh vegetable salad can be made in under 15 minutes, is filling, tasty and great for lunch or a quick dinner.
NOTE: For this salad, I used my recent Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing. It went very well with this salad.
Spinach Summer Salad Recipe
Spinach Summer Salae
- 2 cups raw baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup whole, raw almonds
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ medium avocado (cubed)
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries (fruit juice sweetened)
- ¼ small red onion (sliced thin or chopped)
- 1 cup shredded chicken (optional)
- Mix everything together in a large mixing bowl with your favorite vinaigrette and serve.