As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A good beef marinade can really round out a delicious steak dinner. But they are so often filled with processed ingredients and sugar. This recipe aims to change that.
The steak in these photos was the first steak I have had in 26 years. I never really likes the flavor of beef much. I used to eat it all the time when I was a teenager, but somehow, I just outgrew the flavor in my later teens. I’m not sure why.
But now I have a little guy in the house (actually, not so little anymore!), and he likes beef. It’s not something I will buy often, but every once in a while, I like to see his not-so-little-anymore face light up when I tell him he’s getting steak for dinner. Yep, he’s my little “meat and potatoes” man. With a hefty side of veggies, of course!
This particular steak I served with some rainbow chard which I cooked up with some onions and garlic (yum!) and I also cut up half a russet potato and did a “country potatoes” type of thing. He was happy, and I have to say the steak was actually pretty good. Still not the first thing I go for, but with a marinade like this, it was pretty darn tasty.
The recipe below is made quickly in a blender and can freeze well for up to 6 months. It thaws pretty quickly too, so it’s a handy marinade to have on hand if you eat beef.
NEED A GOOD BLENDER FOR MAKING BEEF MARINADE?
Give this Ninja a try! (amazon affiliate link) It has convenient travel cups you can blend in for smoothies on the go, or even smaller jobs like this marinade. Love my Ninja!!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE HEALTHY RECIPES:
Beef Marinade Recipe
CLICK TO WATCH THIS RECIPE IN ACTION!
- ¾ cup oil, any light flavored oil
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. powdered Sucanat (unrefined sugar) OR 6 drops pure liquid stevia to taste
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder OR 4 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. onion powder OR 1/2 small, yellow onion, minced fine
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze up to 6 months. Thaw overnight when ready to eat.
- Combine the meat and the marinade in a container or food-safe bag and allow to marinate for 3 to 12 hours.
- Cook your beef the way you normally would. In the oven, on the barbecue, whatever works for you!