Oh my, the hot days of summer are here and I’m sooooooo not prepared!
I have no summer clothes to speak of, and we have no air conditioning in the new house. Hot doesn’t even begin to describe it.
Love it or hate it, summer is a full 6 months of the year here in California. From May to the very last day of October we roast/tan/burn our way through the sunshine-filled days. Most people enjoy this, but me… not so much. I was definitely born in the wrong state. I absolutely wilt in the heat. California winters however, I love them! I wish we got a little bit of snow for the holidays, but I guess you can’t have it all. At least I’m close to the beach!
So with all this heat arriving, thoughts of ice cream, salads for dinner and cold drinks are not far behind. Over the years, I’ve done a Lavender Lemonade recipe as well as a Strawberry Lemonade recipe. This year, I thought I’d try my hand at a peach lemonade recipe.
Now, I’m not so sure there is that big of a difference in flavor between a Georgia peach and a regular peach, but I thought I’d give the Georgian variety a shot.
My main recommendation would be to make sure you use ripe peaches if you want a smoothly blended lemonade. They should have some definite softness to them. Otherwise, you’ll end up with some hard peach chunks in your lemonade. For some people, this is actually a good thing, for others, not so much. So I tried it both ways and this was the result.
You have two options with this recipe.
- Pulse peaches that are not quite, totally soft until they reach almost a “salsa” consistency as you can see here above.
- Blend the peaches with a little of the lemonade mix until you get a nice smooth drink. Just remember you’ll still be able to see a few pieces of skin and such unless you have a high-powered blender like a Vitamix. The more blended version is pictured here below.
No matter how you blend it, this is a very refreshing drink you can enjoy all summer long. I hope you love it as much as me and Mini Chef did!
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped, fresh peaches, blended
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- In a large pitcher, combine the water, lemon juice, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Blend the peaches in a blender until it reaches your preferred consistency. If you want it very smooth, add a little of the lemonade to the blender with he peaches.
- Stir and serve over ice.