This strawberry lemonade recipe just might be the perfect, refreshing drink for summer!
There’s just something about Strawberry Lemonade that say’s “summer is here and in full swing”. There are few things as refreshing or relaxing the midst of mind-numbing heat.
But I was shocked at the grocery store when I picked up a bottle of pre-made strawberry lemonade. The amount of chemicals they add to it just to get a strawberry flavor is truly astounding. I mean, how hard is it to just add strawberries? I want strawberries, darn it! S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.I.E.S.! Not strawberry “flavor” mixed with high fructose corn syrup. Why is it so hard to use the real thing?
Well, if you read this blog with any regularity, you know me well enough to know that I wasn’t going to stand for that for one second. I put that bottle right back on the shelf and marched myself over to the produce section where I found some amazingly wonderful and organic strawberries. I took them home, put them through the blender, and added them (and a little lime juice) to a pitcher of homemade lemonade.
I swear, some day I’m going to open a restaurant called “Real food”. And this strawberry lemonade will be listed with all the other real beverages. Wouldn’t that be a nice change of pace? Okay. I’m done ranting and daydreaming. Sorry you had to experience that.
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY LEMONADE
It’s a simple process, it just takes a little time to clean all your strawberries (destem them). The main idea is to get your sweetener infused into your water by warming everything. Cool that enough to put it in a blender. Combine everything in a blender and blend. You can drink it as is, or you can run the liquid through a strainer or cheese cloth to remove seeds. The choice is yours. Then chill it for a bit and serve!
HOMEMADE LEMONADE RECIPES
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE RECIPE
Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- 5 cups water
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries (cleaned and stems removed)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 medium limes (juice only)
- Warm 2 1/2 cups of water in a pot with the honey until well combined.
- In a large pitcher, combine the remainder of the water, the honey water, lemon juice and lime juice.
- Put your strawberries in a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Put the strawberries through a fine meshed sieve. You'll have to stir and press with a spatula to get it through the sieve completely.
- Stir strawberry juice into the pitcher and stir well.
- Chill and serve.