This watermelon lemonade is the perfect, refreshing drink for hot summer days!
Summer is only a few weeks old right now, and we’ve already seen triple digit heat in my area of the San Francisco bay. It’s not pleasant, but it does have one great thing to offer. Summer produce!
When it gets sweltering hot out, I start to turn to foods that are lighter and fresher. Foods like watermelon that help keep me hydrated. This was a last minute inspiration after cutting into a watermelon I had no hope of eating before it went bad. Love it when that happens!!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE LEMONADE:
While techniques for making lemonade can vary, there are certain tips I can give you for making this particular lemonade.
- I used a Vitamix blender. If you have a lower powered blender, you may have to strain some of the residual chunks out of the drink before pouring it into your glass.
- The cilantro is optional. However, if you enjoy cilantro, try crushing up a spring with your fingers, shoving it down into the glass and then pouring your drink. You only need one sprig. Delish!
- If you multiply the recipe for more people, make sure you prepare this in batches.
HEALTHY LEMONADE RECIPE:
Lemonade doesn’t have to be a total sugar bomb. I mean, there is always going to be sure in lemonade, but it doesn’t have to be processed or really horrible healthy-wise. Stick to simple, real-food ingredients, and you’ll end up with a delicious cup of lemonade every single time.
HOW TO MAKE FIZZY LEMONADE:
Fizzy (or sparkling) lemonade is delicious stuff! While this particular recipe has no need for added water, you can certainly add a small amount of sparkling water to jazz up you lemonade. Just don’t go overboard because you don’t want to water this one down too much. A good, plain, sparkling or mineral water will do the trick. Simply add to taste in your glass!
- Chop the watermelon small for more accurate measuring and measure directly into the blender.
- Add the lemon juice and sweetener. I used stevia, but use whatever sweetener you’re comfortable with, a little at a time to taste.
CLICK PLAY TO SEE THE RECIPE IN ACTION!
WATERMELON LEMONADE RECIPE:
One of the most delicious and refreshing drinks you'll have all summer!
- 6 cups watermelon (chopped small for measuring)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- stevia (or other clean sweetener) to taste
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour over ice, garnish with fresh cilantro (if you enjoy cilantro) and sip in the summer sun!
Please note that the nutrition data below is a ballpark figure. Exact data is not possible.