This watermelon cake recipe is simple to make, but makes an impression with it’s beautiful presentation.
You’ve probably seen these sorts of cakes before. They are often decorated with only fruit and some of them can get pretty elaborate. But because the 4th is coming up, I thought I’d decorate it appropriately.
This is a very light, delicious watermelon cake recipe that you can decorate just about any way you choose.
Please note that I will give you the measurements I used which are appropriate for a larger watermelon than pictured. Truth be told, I made an entire carton of whip cream not realizing just how much that would yield (it’s been a long time since I made whipped cream!). I also bought the tiniest watermelon I could find because I knew I wouldn’t be eating very much of it.
Thankfully, the perfect opportunity to make it popped up when I made plans for Mother’s Day to go to the beach with a friend and her daughter. I made it, had one slice and sent the rest along with her. I was happy to not have overdone it, and she was thrilled to have a delicious watermelon cake to take home. It was a win-win.
I especially love how fast this come together. It’s one of those desserts you can put together 20-30 minutes before it needs to be served.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF WATERMELON:
- High in vitamin C
- Good for heart health
- High in B1 vitamins
Want to decorate a watermelon cake without the whipped cream? Here is a beautiful idea for doing just that on YouTube.
MORE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING WATERMELON CAKE RECIPE:
- 1 pint clean, organic heavy whipping cream OR full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp. honey (or more to taste)
- 1 small to medium watermelon
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Quickly blend in the honey at the last minute. Don't over beat. Just beat it for a few seconds to incorporate the honey evenly.
- Peel the watermelon, leaving it whole. Cut the bottom and top to flatten them.
- Using a recessed spatula, spread the whip cream over the watermelon, covering it completely.
- Decorate with berries as needed.