This clean eating watermelon salsa is perfect for a summer snack!
I must admit, I was skeptical about combining basil with watermelon. But The Flavor Bible (affiliate link) insisted that basil did indeed compliment watermelon, so I went with it….. W.O.W!
Nobody could stop eating it. Me especially. The entire 4 cups were gone before I could blink.
It has a very simple flavor to it, but it’s so addictive! Pair this with some clean, organic corn chips, and holy moly!! I promise, it’s one of life’s simple yet amazing pleasures.
Plus, on a hot day, it’s a great way to rehydrate during a meal! Oh, and I highly recommend The Flavor Bible (affiliate link). It’s a wonderful and invaluable tool in the kitchen if you ever struggle with “what goes with what” in the flavor and seasoning department!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING WATERMELON SALSA RECIPE:
Clean Eating Watermelon Salsa
- 4 cups finely chopped watermelon
- ½ cup finely diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup fresh, finely chopped basil
- 1 medium lime (juice only)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the watermelon, onion and basil, making sure to chop as small as possible without mincing.
- Add the lime juice, salt and pepper and stir well.
- serving on a pita or with your favorite, clean corn chips.