As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This clean eating Instant Pot lentil curry recipe offers minimal prep time and a “set it and forget it” approach to dinner.
I’m starting a new branch of my business in October. I’ll be teaching live, plant-based cooking classes. I’ve been experimenting with different recipes and this is one of the recipes I really enjoyed. I haven’t decided if it will be one that I teach yet, but I’m certainly having fun experimenting!
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE THIS RECIPE:
- It’s a “one-pot-meal” if made in an Instant Pot.
- It’s a “fix-it-and-forget-it sort of dish because the IP does all the cooking for you!
- It also has a ton of healthy veggies that you don’t even know are in there.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF THIS RECIPE:
- Lentils – They have tons of soluble fiber which helps lower cholesterol and stabilize blood sugar. Also a great source of plant-based protein.
- Carrots – Lots of vitamin A and antioxidants.
- Celery – Tons of vitamins and minerals!
- Sweet Potatoes – Lots of vitamin A, C and B vitamins.
- Yellow Onions – B vitamins, fiber and folic acid.
- Coconut Milk & Oil – Good sources of vitamin C and E as well as several of the B vitamins. They also contain calcium, iron, selenium and magnesium.
- Curry – Aids in digestion and helps with inflammation thanks to the turmeric.
WHAT TO PAIR THIS WITH:
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING LENTIL RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING INSTANT POT LENTIL CURRY RECIPE:
Clean Eating Instant Pot Lentil Curry Recipe
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped sweet potatoes
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup dry brown lentils
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 15 oz. can coconut milk
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes (no sugar added)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ lb. baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh cilantro for garnish
- Place the coconut oil in the IP insert and press the Saute button. Allow the oil to warm.
- Add the carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, and onions into the oil and saute until the onions become translucent.
- Stir in the spices and then finally, the lentils, stirring well to combine.
- Turn off the IP to stop the sautéing.
- Pour in the vegetable broth, coconut milk, dice tomatoes and lemon juice.
- Place the lid securely on the pot and close the vent.
- Press the Manual button and adjust time to 8 minutes.
- Allow for a 30 minute natural release. Then open the valve in spurts, rotating it between open and closed, to keep liquid from spraying out. This can take a few minutes to completely release the remaining steam.
- Once the steam has been completely released, remove the lid and stir in the spinach while the lentils are still hot. It will take a few minutes of stirring, but the spinach leaves will wilt.
- Serve topped with fresh cilantro.