As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This tuna stuffed avocado recipe makes for an excellent lunch!
It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these Simple Meals. If you don’t know what this category of recipes on my blog are all about, it’s really pretty simple. They are exactly as the name implies. Totally simple recipes that almost don’t even qualify as actual recipes.
Why do I post these? Because I know there are many of you who don’t particularly care to cook, even if you do want to eat clean and healthy. I also know that there are quite a few of you who are just learning to cook, or simply need fast and very basic recipes for those busy days you just can’t spend time in the kitchen.
And pssst…. these are great recipes for kids learning to cook as well! All of my Simple Meals can be easily adjusted to taste and none of them have long or complicated ingredient lists.
Some of my favorite Simple Meals are stuffed avocados. You get all that healthy, wonderful fat along with flavor and filling protein! In fact, I’ll be doing a few of these recipes in the coming months. So check back for those!
As for today’s recipe, it’s about as simple as a recipe can get. It’s great for breakfast, lunch or dinner too!
Have you tried stuffed avocados before? What is your favorite filling? Share your ideas below and I may feature it in a future recipe!
HEALTHY AVOCADO RECIPES:
TUNA STUFFED AVOCADO RECIPE:
Tuna Stuffed Avocado Recipe
- 1 (5 oz.) can water packed tuna (drained)
- 2 tbsp. clean mayo or greek yogurt (if you don't mind the tang)
- 1 pinch dried dill (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 medium avocado (cut in half and pit removed)
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the tuna, mayo or greek yogurt and dill.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the avocado halves with tuna salad and serve.