This clean eating banana walnut fudge is a wonderful treat for paleo folks. But you might have to share…
There’s just something about fudge. No matter what kind of day you’ve had, no matter how incredibly amazing or downright dreadful it’s been, fudge seems to be the perfect fit for just about every occasion. At least, in my humble opinion anyway.
Fudge also makes a wonderful gift! And since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, I figured it was only right that I share this recipe in honor of this great day of love.
Let’s face it, love is amazing! For better or for worse, it changes everything. Let the chips fall where they may, you just can’t stop it. It’s an incredible force. I’m not just talking about the romantic sort of love (although that’s a beautiful thing as well!). I’m talking about the bigger picture. The love that transcends time, space and life itself. And at the risk of sounding like a 60’s California hippie, “love totally rocks, dude”!
I know of no greater love than the love of a mother for her child. But there is also the love shared between best friends, the love of self, the love shared between lovers and couples the world over. Regardless of how you experience it, you have to admit that love can do amazing things, and nobody should ever be without it. I truly believe we need love to survive.
So, even if you don’t have somebody to share a romantic love with this holiday, remember that love comes in all shapes and sizes. And in this particular case, I think I found it in a box of fudge. (Just sayin’….)
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING BANANA WALNUT FUDGE RECIPE:
Clean Eating Banana Walnut Fudge
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 medium banana (on the riper side)
- 10 medium medjool dates
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- walnuts (optional for garnish)
- In a small sauce pot, melt the oil.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder while the oil is still warm.
- In a food processor, blend the banana, dates and vanilla extract.
- Add the chocolate to the processor and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into a small, parchment lined baking dish and place dish in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Cut into 24 pieces (a pizza cutter works great)
- Store in refrigerator forup to 4 weeks.