This chocolate bars recipe is the perfect sweet treat to stash in your freezer for sweet tooth emergencies!
Yes, I said, Chocolate Bars.
Now aren’t you glad you read this blog?
And guess what, they’re easy to make too! But thank me later. Right now, you need to get into your kitchen and make a batch of these puppies. Cause Da-ANG they are good! And what I noticed most was that 1 bar was plenty. I didn’t crave another when I was done. It was very satisfying.
They are a tiny bit softer than your normal chocolate bar. In fact, I stored mine in the freezer. I think using a bit more cocoa powder next time may help with that. But these are just so good the way they are, that I had to share!
I should mention that this recipe is not my original recipe. You can find it in a few places on the web, like here. I took the basic recipe and ran with it, adding my own flavors.
And wouldn’t these make great holiday gifts? (Yes, I’m already thinking about the holidays. Don’t shoot me. That’s part of the nature of food blogging. Always thinking ahead to the next holiday!)
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE RECIPES
CHOCOLATE BARS RECIPE:
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- In a medium sized pot, combine all ingredients. Whisk well over low to medium heat until the chocolate is smooth. You want to get rid of as many of the clumps from the coconut oil as possible.
- Spread out over a parchment lined cookie sheet and chill in the fridge or freezer overnight.
- Cut and enjoy. (Store in the freezer, wrapped individually.)
- Note: I used a professional size quarter sheet for my cookie sheet. This is half the size of a normal cookie sheet. You can use any container you like that will allow the bars to harden flat (unless you are using a form).