I just couldn’t help doing a candy post for the upcoming holiday. I mean, who doesn’t like a good chocolate turtle?
And far be it from me to tell anybody that they can’t have a treat such as chocolate on their clean eating diet. I would be quite the hypocrite, because frankly, I just couldn’t stop eating these little morsels!
So go ahead! It’s a holiday! Indulge! You can thank me later.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Chocolate Turtles
(Makes 18 turtles)
- 4 squares unsweetened baker’s chocolate
- 3 tablespoons brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 108 almonds (I used raw almonds – 6 for each turtle)
- Melt chocolate in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir. (Or, melt in a slow cooker on low heat until melted)
- Continue melting chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one.
- When you have very small clumps left, stop microwaving and just stir until the chocolate melts completely.
- Stir in brown rice syrup and honey.
- Portion out 6 almonds for each turtle on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Pour approximately 2 tsp. chocolate over each cluster of nuts.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Storage: Keep in refrigerator.