As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Pizza Frittata is a great way to have pizza for breakfast and feel good about it!
As many of you know, I struggle to keep breakfast interesting. Not only do I fight to avoid boredom at my morning meals, I expect them to be easy too. Kind of a tall order sometimes.
I love this recipe because you can make the frittata the night before, keep in in the fridge and bake the final dish with the toppings and cheese in the morning. A great way to heat the kitchen on these cold winter mornings!
A cast iron pan is best for this, but you can also use a baking dish if that’s what you have. I will say that an 1/8 of this is a pretty small portion (see below). You’ll most likely eat two pieces. But I wanted to break it down into the smallest possible amount. You can easily double the numbers if you wish.
I won’t even tell you how many pieces I ate. I was hungry…
MORE HEALTHY FRITTATA RECIPES:
PIZZA FRITTATA RECIPE:
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cooked ground turkey (optional - I used leftover turkey chili!)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ cup pizza sauce (see herbal pizza sauce link above)
- any other toppings you enjoy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- If your coconut oil is solid, melt it first in skillet before adding anything to the pan. Remove the pan from heat before adding anything else to it. The eggs should not cook before going in the oven.
- In your skillet whisk together the eggs, milk or broth, parmesan, cooked turkey, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. It’s done when you cut into it and you don’t see any liquid.
- Remove from the oven, top with pizza sauce, and toppings of choice. Return to oven just long enough to melt the cheese to a golden glow (about 10 minutes).
- Cut into 8 pieces like you would a pizza and scoop out of the pan with a spatula and serve.
- Once cooled, you can eat this with your hands like regular pizza. Just be sure to have napkins close by because it's a little messier than regular pizza.