As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This clean eating baked salmon with roasted garlic lemon sauce is a wonderfully light and refreshing way to enjoy your next fillet of salmon.
Garlic lovers unite!!! This is one of those delicious recipes where I often ask myself, “why don’t I make this more often?”
It’s very simple to put together and packs a good deal of flavor as well. Just be sure you don’t have to actually speak to anybody the next day. Because with a full head of garlic, this is beyond lethal in the garlic department. At least for most people.
In fact, when I do get around to making this, Mini Chef usually exits the bedroom very early the next morning and avoids getting too close to me for the better part of the day. And I have to say I don’t mind much because he had some the night before too.
This clean eating baked salmon with roasted garlic lemon sauce ain’t for sissies guys. It’s absolutely and simply delicious though. So if you love garlic, be brave! Give it a try!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING BAKED SALMON WITH ROASTED GARLIC LEMON SAUCE RECIPE:
Clean Eating Baked Salmon with Roasted Garlic & Lemon Sauce
- 1 lb. salmon fillet (approximate - between a 1/2 lb. and 1 lb. is good.)
- 1 head garlic
- 1 medium lemon (juice only)
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. oil (for roasting garlic)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. and place the salmon fillet on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Cut the top of the garlic head off, brush with oil so it doesn't burn, and place it on the baking sheet along with the salmon. Placing it in the corner of the same baking pan as the salmon is fine if there is room.
- Place the pan in the oven. Note that you will have to remove the salmon before you remove the garlic. So plan accordingly.
- Baking time will depend on the size of your piece of fish. But typically, times will go between 12-20 minutes. It's done when it easily flakes. Just remember that the fish will continue to cook for a bit after you remove it from the oven. So plan your baking time accordingly.
- The garlic is done roasting when the cloves begin to pop out of the head.
- In a blender, blend together the roasted garlic cloves and the lemon juice.
- Place the fish on your plate, pour the sauce over the top, add salt to taste and enjoy.