Who doesn’t like a good stir fry? This delicious dish has flavor in spades thanks to the addition of coconut oil.
If you are a coconut oil fanatic like I am, you know just how much flavor it can add to any dish it’s used in. It’s fantastic for cooking chicken, and seems to help bring out the flavors of any other ingredients included.
This simple recipe was the result of some leftovers I had and lets just say I’ll be making sure I have the same leftovers in the fridge in the future. Delish!!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Recipe from the Gracious Pantry archives, originally posted 9/22/14.
- 2 raw, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 7 oz. each), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ lb. brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp. dehydrated onions (you can also use 1 tbsp. onion powder or 1 medium raw onion, chopped)
- 1 tbsp. virgin coconut oil (find it at a health food store)
- Low sodium tamari, soy sauce or coconut aminos for topping (to taste).
- Saute everything together in the coconut oil until the chicken is cooked (at least 165 F. on a meat thermometer.) Serve by itself or with brown rice or bean threads (bean noodles). Great with just a salad on the side as well.