These blueberry waffles are fragrant, flavorful waffles with hints of almond and lemon.
Fresh blueberries are a marvelous way to get some very concentrated, superfood nutrition into your eating plan. I add them to many recipes in the summer.
Now that I’m in my new apartment, I just had to keep our Saturday morning “waffle or pancake” tradition going. I mean, why would anybody want to leave behind a tradition like that???? That’s just crazy talk.
So I got to work and made these and I must say that our first Saturday morning waffles in our new home, were just downright marvelous.
Mini Chef enjoyed them with peanut butter and maple syrup on them and I had them with just a a few fresh blueberries on top and a touch of honey. A positively wonderful way to start our first weekend in our new town.
HEALTHY WAFFLE RECIPES:
BLUEBERRY WAFFLES RECIPE:
Blueberry Waffles Recipe
- waffle maker
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- Blend all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and mix until there are no clumps of flour.
- Cook as you normally would on a waffle maker (mine is the Belgian waffle type.
- Note: Due to the fresh blueberries, this does tend to stick a bit to the waffle maker. If you don't want to mess with that, you can leave them out and just pour them over the top of your finished waffles. Also, these will take a little longer to cook due to the extra moisture in the blueberries. But I promise they are worth the wait!