I don’t know about you, but peanut butter is pretty close to heaven for me. If I’m in the right mood, nothing other than peanut butter will do. I mean, what’s not to love?
The funny party is, I don’t feel the same way about peanuts. But turn them into butter and YUM!!!
I love peanut butter in my morning oatmeal. It’s extra protein and the flavor is incredible! Add a little sweetener and it’s something pretty close to a peanut butter cookie. And who wouldn’t want THAT for breakfast???
You can adjust the amount of peanut butter any way you like. But I have found that two tablespoons makes for the perfect cookie flavor.
In fact, if you are looking for some extra protein, you can mix in some egg or egg white just after turning off the heat on the oats. Stir fast! A whisk is best, and no. You can’t taste the egg at all!
So go ahead, give it a try! Have a “peanut butter cookie” for breakfast!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- The Oatmeal Project (365 ways to top your oatmeal…. almost)
Clean Eating Peanut Butter Oatmeal
(Makes 2 servings)
- 1-1/2 cups cooked oats (I cooked mine with almond milk instead of water)
- 2 tablespoons clean peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Make sure your oats are nice and warm so everything melts nicely.
- Combine all ingredients in a pot or bowl and mix until well combined.