As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Teriyaki turkey skillet is a deliciously flavorful way to use up that pound of ground turkey in your fridge or freezer.
Mini Chef and I eat a lot of ground turkey. It’s versatile, tastes great and is pretty readily available. But you can only make a taco salad or turkey burgers so many times before it starts to get old. So I find myself experimenting often to see what new dishes I can come up with.
If you like teriyaki chicken, you’ll enjoy this dish too. It’s got veggies and just the right balance of sweet and salty to give good flavor.
TERIYAKI RICE BOWLS
If you want to turn this into a rice bowl, just cook your rice separately and then top a serving of rice with a serving of this teriyaki turkey. Instant Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowls!
HOW TO COOK GROUND TURKEY
Ground turkey is pink when raw, and well browned with finished cooking. It’s impossible to really use a meat thermometer with ground turkey, so you have to go off the look of it. Stir it frequently while cooking, breaking up any chunks as you go, so you end up with a nice scramble. Add your seasonings at about the half way point of cooking. On average, it can take about 10-15 minutes to fully cook a pound of ground turkey, depending on your stove and the pan used. Some will cook faster, some slower. But that’s about the average cooking time.
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE HEALTHY ASIAN RECIPES:
TERIYAKI TURKEY SKILLET RECIPE:
Teriyaki Turkey Skillet Recipe
- Large Skillet
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ½ lb. green beans
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce (see link above)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 6 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- ½ cup grated carrots
- Make your Teriyaki sauce.
- Warm the oil in a large skillet.
- Add the ground turkey and sauté until just browned, then add the green beans, teriyaki sauce, onions, garlic and spices. Continue cooking until the meat is cooked and the sauce has cooke down by approximately half.
- In the last 5 minutes of cooking, stir in the grated carrots.
- Serve over rice or on its own.