As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This pizza bread pizza is a delightful way to enjoy pizza quickly and conveniently. Not to mention whole grain pita bread is a great way to have a healthy pizza crust without spending time in the kitchen making healthy dough from scratch.
Whole Grain Pita Bread
While I love to make my own pizza dough, whole grain pita bread that is clean isn’t too hard to find because the ingredients for pita bread are very basic.
Both Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods carry whole grain pita bread that is clean, and I’m sure many other stores do too. Just flip the package over and read the ingredient list.
Types Of Pita Pizza
- Cheese – Pizza sauce and lots of cheese. Any type you prefer.
- Veggie – Pizza sauce with lots of different veggies. Think, mushrooms, onions, olives, chopped broccoli, and bell peppers.
- Pepperoni – Pizza sauce, mozzarella, and pepperoni.
- Margherita – Marinara, fresh mozzarella, parmesan, fresh basil, red pepper flakes.
- Barbecue Chicken – Barbecue sauce, chicken, mozzarella, smoked gouda, and red onion
- Hawaiian Style – Pineapple, ham, red onions, mozzarella
- Buffalo Style – Chicken, mozzarella, blue cheese, onions, and buffalo sauce.
About The Ingredients
Pizza sauce – Or marinara, no sugar added.
Fresh baby spinach leaves
Bell peppers – Any color.
Onions – These can be red, yellow, or white.
How To Make Pita Bread Pizza
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Spread sauce on the pita bread and then layer all your toppings with cheese being the top layer.
Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet (or in a skillet without a meltable handle) until the cheese has melted (about 10-15 minutes).
This can also be cooked in a microwave for convenience.
Serve with a salad and enjoy!
More Healthy Pizza Recipes
Pita Bread Pizza Recipe
Pita Bread Pizza Recipe
- ⅛ cup pizza sauce (or marinara, no sugar added)
- ¼ cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp. chopped mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. chopped bell peppers (any color)
- 2 tbsp. chopped onions
- 2 tbsp. grated zucchini
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread sauce on the pita bread and then layer all your toppings with cheese being the top layer.
- Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet (or in a skillet without a meltable handle) until cheese has melted (about 10-15 minutes).
- This can also be cooked in a microwave for convenience!
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!