This pizza is a delightful way to enjoy pizza quickly and conveniently. Not to mention whole grain pita bread is a great way to have a healthy pizza crust without spending time in the kitchen making healthy dough from scratch.
Both Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods carry whole grain pita bread that is clean.
This is a wonderful snack or even a meal and something I make often for Mini Chef. Serve with a salad and enjoy!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- 1/8 cup pizza sauce or marinara, no sugar added
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoon chopped mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon chopped bell peppers (any color)
- 2 tablespoon chopped onions
- 2 tablespoon grated zucchini
- 1/4 cup grated, fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Spread sauce on the pita bread and then layer all your toppings with cheese being the top layer.
- Bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet (or in a skillet without a meltable handle) until cheese has melted (about 10-15 minutes).
- This can also be cooked in a microwave for convenience!