These clean eating chocolate covered spoons are a fun gift for the chocolate lovers in your life!
If you have somebody in your life who loves mocha’s or hot chocolate, these Clean Eating Chocolate Spoons make a wonderful, personalized gift.
They are easy to make, and the process can even be spread out over a few days if you are short on time. Simply keep the pot of chocolate in the fridge and warm it slightly before each use. The spoons stay in the freezer between dippings.
I will say that these clean eating chocolate covered spoons are best given to those who live close. You don’t want these spending too much time outside of the freezer. So these are definitely not recommended for shipping or for long trips. But they are a fun gift to give and you can completely personalized it further by adding things like a nice bag of coffee beans with a fun mug, or some Clean Eating Hot Chocolate Mix in a holiday container with a few other clean snacks to enjoy on the side.
Maybe some nuts or whole grain pretzels and dried fruit. Juice sweetened dried cranberries are my favorite. Whole Foods and even Amazon sell them. And if you are giving this gift to somebody you live with, you could even put a little handmade coupon in there for a Sunday morning breakfast prepared by you. Breakfast in bed perhaps? With a Clean Eating Chocolate Spoon put to good use, of course!
The possibilities are not only affordable, but pretty endless with this one.
- TO GIVE: You can wrap these individually and tie a bow around each one. Use a food-grade plastic to wrap them. Even regular plastic wrap can be pretty if you gather it around the base of the spoon and tie a bow on. That way, it will still do well in the freezer. Set these in a mug, or layer them in a box with tissue paper. Just remember to store them in the freezer until the last possible moment. Also include a note with your gift letting them know to store these in the freezer when they get home.
- TO SHIP: Not recommended for shipping
NOTES ON THE SPOONS:
I made sure to get plastic soup spoons. They have a deeper well and tend to look nicer than the shallow, regular plastic spoons.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING GIFT IDEAS:
- Clean Eating Hot Chocolate Mix(dry mix)
- Clean Eating Chocolate Syrup(for drizzling over ice cream or making clean chocolate milk.)
CLEAN EATING CHOCOLATE COVERED SPOONS RECIPE:
Clean Eating Chocolate Covered Spoons
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- ¼ cup honey
- 5 drops pure liquid stevia (optional) OR omit honey and use liquid stevia to taste to lower carbs and sugar.
- Over low heat, melt all ingredients together in a small pot, whisking to keep the chocolate from burning.
- Allow to cool to the point where it just begins to thicken up. You should be able to safely stick your finger in it at this temperature.
- Prepare a parchment lined cookie sheet and keep it handy.
- Dip plastic spoons into the chocolate, being sure to scoop some of it into the spoon.
- Set the spoon on the cookie sheet with the handle resting on the edge of the pan for balance and repeat with remaining spoons.
- Set cookie sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes or longer if you have other things to do.
- When you remove them after the first dipping, you may notice that part of the spoon is still exposed around the edge. Simply drizzle some more of the chocolate over the spoons and place back in the freezer for another 30 minutes. I did this about 3 or 4 times to get them fully covered.
- Once you have the front fully covered, use a sharp knife to cut off the excess pools of chocolate from around the spoon. In doing so, you will see that some of the back of the spoon is still exposed. Simply dip the backs into the chocolate and freeze the spoons resting face down. Again, remember to balance them on the edge of the pan.
- Once they are done and look the way you'd like them to, transfer them to a plastic bag or air-tight container and store them in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.