Try this clean eating chocolate syrup recipe instead of buy the chemical-filled stuff at the store!
I don’t know about you, but I think sometimes, life just calls for some really good chocolate syrup.
Whether you are topping ice cream or making chocolate milk for the kids, you can’t go wrong with having a little of the stuff in the fridge. The problem is, the stuff you buy at the store almost doesn’t qualify as real chocolate thanks to the laundry list of other added ingredients that don’t seem to even qualify as real food.
So in a desperate search for a clean chocolate syrup recipe (Mini Chef wanted chocolate milk for his birthday!) I came across a recipe that was so obviously screaming for me to clean it up that I got right to work. The truth is, all I did was change the sweetener, adjust the measurements slightly and cut out the salt. And whaaaamo! Instant, clean chocolate syrup!
CLEAN EATING CHOCOLATE SYRUP RECIPE:
Clean Eating Chocolate Syrup
- 1 cup Sucanat OR coconut sugar, OR 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Whisk all ingredients together in a pot and bring to a soft boil, stirring constantly.
- Once the syrup thickens (about 5 minutes), remove from heat and transfer to a glass container. Store in the fridge.