As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Need a specific list of clean eating foods that travel well?
Clean eating and travel are not always the best of friends. But the good news is, I’ve done some of the hard work for you. On my last trip, I took careful notes and came up with a nice list of foods that traveled well. Some need refrigeration, some don’t. Call ahead to find out if you can get a fridge in your hotel room. Many hotels have them by request.
Here’s what I took with me:
- Strawberries – washed and de-stemmed
- Kiwis – sliced
- Sugar snap peas
- Baby carrots
- Roasted veggies (brussels sprouts and zucchini)
- Protein bars (try these!)
- Chicken breasts
- Cheese sticks
- Hard boiled eggs
- Whole wheat tortillas (or try these homemade quinoa tortillas)
- Brown rice crackers
- Whole wheat crackers
- Pre-made oatmeal packs (quick oats, whey powder, nuts)
- Sparkling water – just be careful it doesn’t get to jumbled around
- Sparkling juice (no sugar added)
- Juice boxes (no sugar added) for the kiddos
- Water, water and more water
- 1 jar of milk (for coffee and any munchkins along for the ride)
If you package these all in Ziploc bags or Tupperware they travel well. Then just get a cooler for the chicken, eggs, milk, cheese sticks and as much of the fruit as you can get in there.
Remember to request a refrigerator in your hotel room, or take 2 extra gallon sized Ziploc bags for ice.
Just plan to “snack” for your entire trip.
So there you have it! Please share any extra travel tips or food that travel well in a comment below.
And enjoy your trip!
Article is an original work and is © Tiffany McCauley. It may not be reproduced for any reason without written permission by the author.