Smoothies are a perfect way to start off a busy morning. Breakfast is ready in about 2 seconds flat (well, okay… maybe 5 minutes) and you’re out the door with a travel mug full of nutrients. Can’t beat that with a stick!
Lately, I’ve been revisiting the idea of using protein powders in smoothies for the simple reason of convenience. Sometimes I don’t have time to peel that hard boiled egg before I head out the door. I know that sounds crazy, but I think we’ve all been there. Those days when you swear on somebody’s grave that just breathing one breath in the wrong direction will make you later than you’ve ever been. You know what I’m talking about, right? I seem to be having more and more of those days lately, so I’ve started relying more and more on protein powder again.
Not that there is anything wrong with it per se, but let’s face it. Protein doesn’t come from nature in powder form. So I really struggle with this one. What are your thoughts on protein powder?
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING SMOOTHIE RECIPES:
Clean Eating Super Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (no sugar added)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (no sugar added)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds (flax will work too if you grind it first)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (regular milk works too)
- 1 scoop protein powder (amazon affiliate link)
- Blend and serve.