Sometimes, the best meals are the quickest. But lets face it, flavor matters and that’s why I came up with this shrimp and asparagus skillet recipe. Tons of flavor!
This dish is the best of both worlds! It cooks up in about 10-15 minutes, it’s easy-breezy to make and it packs a flavor punch the likes of which only shrimp can provide. You shrimp lovers know exactly what I’m talking about. I know you do!
I actually did a live Facebook video while making this recipe. It was a lot of fun and even inspired a few people to come up with their own versions for dinner that night!
I will say that I have never cooked raw shrimp. I always use pre-cooked/frozen shrimp from Trader Joe’s. So if you opt for using raw shrimp, please cook them as needed. I can’t advise on that one.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE HEALTHY SHRIMP RECIPES:
SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS SKILLET RECIPE:
Shrimp And Asparagus Skillet Recipe
- ½ medium yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 4 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus (chopped)
- 1 lb. frozen, medium, pre-cooked shrimp (thawed)
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- ½ medium lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, sauté the onions and garlic in the oil until the onions are translucent.
- Toss in the asparagus and cook until it begins to soften
- Add the pre-cooked shrimp and cook just long enough to warm them to your liking.
- Turn off the heat, squeeze the lemon over the shrimp and toss in the parsley.
- Stir and serve.