This clean eating quinoa stuffed spaghetti squash can be served fancy in a “half shell” or more casually as a salad.
The truth is, I don’t entertain much these days. I haven’t really done any entertaining in quite some time. Life has just had other plans for me the past few years. But since we’ve settled down a bit (at least for now), I’ve had notions of throwing a dinner party or two. Just some casual evenings with friends. Nothing extra fancy, but something fancy enough to serve pretty food.
That’s the one part I’ve always enjoyed about entertaining. The presentation. I think my mom instilled that in me from a young age. She used to carve watermelons into whale or basket-shaped fruit bowls and her desserts were well known, not just for what she made but for how she served them. She loved the presentation and the reactions that she got from it. It was the area in her life where she got full validation for her talents. And she was definitely talented. She could make just about any dessert out of any magazine and present it in a way that looked ten times better then the magazine photo could ever have hoped to.
Watching that my whole life must have rubbed off. While I’m not much into baking or making fancy desserts like she did, I definitely find pleasure in presenting a meal well. So with this clean eating quinoa stuffed spaghetti squash recipe, I thought it would be fun to serve the entire salad in a half of a squash. The presentation was pretty!
But that being said, it would be far easier to serve if the squash was spooned out of the shell and mixed in with the salad. I leave that up to you and your preferences. But at least you know, if you need to make a nice presentation, this is a fun and super easy way to do it!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Chicken Enchilada Spaghetti Squash Recipe
- Clean Eating Mexican-Style Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Recipe
CLEAN EATING QUINOA STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH RECIPE:
Clean Eating Quinoa Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (cooked with vegetable broth instead of water)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 small spaghetti squash (seeds scooped out and cooked)
- salt and pepper to taste after serving
- Combine all the ingredients, except the spaghetti squash, in a medium to large mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Scoop the quinoa into the spaghetti squash halves and serve.
- If you prefer, you can simply scoop the flesh of the squash out into the quinoa bowl and mix it into the quinoa salad. Scooping it into the squash halves is more for presentation.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy.