Few things give me joy the way Mexican foods do. And while my dishes are often far from authentic, I have fun playing around with the flavors that our Latin friends enjoy on a daily basis.
I’ve had to cut out pastas and bread from my eating plan because of my blood sugar. I simply do better on a low carb eating plan. But that doesn’t mean I can’t enjoy pasta-like dishes! In fact, it’s been my experience that vegetable pastas offer even more amazing flavor to any dish you use them in. So I picked up a spaghetti squash at Trader Joe’s the other night and this is what became of it.
It was totally delicious and very filling and Mini Chef liked it so much that he took leftovers to school for lunch the next day!
This is a great meal to make when you have other chores you need to do around the house and can do them while the squash bakes in the oven. It’s a wonderful recipe for multi-tasking!!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
- Clean Eating Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti
- Clean Eating Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Garlic Parmesan Meatballs
Clean Eating Mexican Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cut in half and insides scooped out and discarded
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced, black olives
- 1/2 cup prepared guacamole or cut up avocados
- salt and pepper to taste after cooking
- In a medium skillet, brown the meat in the oil and stir in the spices while doing so.
- Transfer the browned meat (not fully cooked) to the spaghetti squash, dividing it equally between the halves of the squash.
- Top the meat with the mozzarella and place the squashes on a parchment-lined baking pan.
- Bake at 375 F. for about 50-60 minutes, or until the squash is cooked.
- Remove from oven, top with the remaining fresh ingredients and serve.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed.