This pita pizza is the fastest, easiest pizza you’ll ever make. It’s tasty, Weight Watcher’s-friendly and keeps you full through to your next meal.
I realize that pizza made on pita bread is not a new concept. I’m sure many of you have tried it.
But years ago, I belonged to weight watchers (haven’t we all at one point?), and I remember sitting in class wildly scribbling down recipes that some of the ladies were sharing.
At first, the idea of this pizza didn’t sound very appetizing. But if you’ve done weight watchers, you know that after a while, you just NEED to try something new. So I went for it.
OMG!!!! It was so good! I ate this pizza for the next week straight. True story.
The part I love is that it’s so quick and easy to make. Just layer your ingredients on a plate, pop it in the microwave for 2 minutes, and you’ve got dinner. How’s THAT for a quick meal???
HEALTHY PIZZA RECIPES
PITA PIZZA RECIPE
- 1 standard whole grain pita bread
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce (or sugar free, jarred spaghetti sauce)
- 1/2 cup tightly packed fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- Place your pita on a microwave-safe plate.
- Layer on the ingredients in the order listed.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes until you have a nice, melted, cheesy mess on your plate.