Autumn is my favorite time of year. I may get a few eye rolls saying that, but it’s true. My spirit just comes alive in Fall. The intense California heat is behind us, the weather is still comfortable enough to wear shorts and t-shirts, but the nights get chilly. Perfect for sweaters, fire pits and bowls of nice warm soup with crusty garlic bread. Yum!!
But I don’t always have time to make a big pot of soup. I’m big on making soups from scratch because they always taste so much better. But there are nights when I’d love something warm and brothy to sip out of a mug, but just don’t have the hours left in the day to make some.
A while back, I did a recipe for curried pumpkin soup. I found myself thinking about it but since Mini Chef doesn’t care for curry (did I bring the wrong child home from the hospital???), I had to go another route.
This soup hit the spot for sure! Mini Chef liked it, I liked it and even a friend of mine enjoyed it thoroughly. Needless to say, it disappeared pretty quickly. I will definitely have to make this again!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
Clean Eating Quick And Easy Pumpkin Soup
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth (I used chicken broth)
- 1/4 tsp. ground sage
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- salt to taste after cooking
- Place all ingredients in a medium pot and whisk while bringing it to a gentle simmer. Continue to simmer for approximately 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve with some crusty garlic bread.