I love soups this time of year. Those creamy, rich soups that warm your tummy from top to bottom on a cold night.
At the time of this writing, we’ve been having lots of rain this past week here in Sonoma County. It’s much anticipated precipitation in this state and we are savoring every drop.
And along with that rain has come some pretty impressive thunder and lightening as well. So we have been saving our solar, turning off the lights and lighting some candles to enjoy these dark and stormy nights. Add a nice, warm bowl of soup to that and it makes for some magical memories with the munchkin.
I didn’t want to spend a ton of time in the kitchen when I made this, so I used what I had on hand in the pantry. While I love being in my kitchen, especially with Mini Chef, on nights like this I’d much rather enjoy the food by candle light telling stories. So a quick soup was a definite bonus.
This quick and easy recipe only needs your spice cabinet and a couple of canned ingredients and will get dinner on the table in under 10 minutes! The important thing to remember here is to choose your canned items carefully to fit clean eating guidelines. Canned foods can be clean, but most aren’t. So be sure to read labels and avoid BPA cans if possible.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- Clean Eating Curried Sweet Potato Soup
- Clean Eating Coconut & Curry Turkey Chili
- Clean Eating Curry Pineapple Turkey Rice Bowl
- 1 (15 oz.) can pure pumpkin
- 1 (14 oz.) can light coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized pot and whisk together over medium heat until warmed through. Serve with a crusty piece of whole grain bread, sit back and feel your tummy get all warm, tingly and happy.