These pumpkin spice protein bars are wonderful for a fall “meal” on the go!
I’m really having fun with this protein bar thing. The last batch I made was cinnamon chocolate chip and it was pretty tasty. So I just had to try another favorite, pumpkin spice.
I should tell you that these bars are not “cookie sweet”. So don’t expect that. They have a very mild and subtle sweetness to them. But the pumpkin flavor is pretty pronounced.
But they are filling and I usually enjoy them with a glass of mildly sweetened almond milk. The combo is delicious and I feel pretty full afterwards.
You can add some extra sweetness if you want it by adding about a 1/2 to 1 tsp. pure liquid stevia to give the sweetness of the honey a little extra punch. But outside of that, I would just enjoy them as they are meant to be.
NEED SUPPLIES FOR THIS RECIPE?
Whey Factors by Natural Factors, Grass Fed Whey Protein Concentrate, Aids Muscle Development and Immune Health, Double Chocolate, 2 lbs (34 servings)
Whey Factors by Natural Factors, Grass Fed Whey Protein Concentrate, Supports Muscle Development and Immune Health, Gluten Free, Unflavored, 12 oz (13 servings)
Remember to subscribe to my free newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox. Click here to sign up!
ANOTHER HOMEMADE PROTEIN BAR RECIPE:
PUMPKIN SPICE PROTEIN BARS RECIPE:
Pumpkin Spice Protein Bars
- 1 ½ cups quick oats (3 minute oats)
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy, no sugar added)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup whey protein powder (unflavored or vanilla – See recommendation above)
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (no sugar added)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roast your oats for 10-15 minutes on a cookie sheet (Or until they turn a nice golden brown). Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread dough to 1/2 inch thickness in a baking dish or 1/2 sized cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the dough has a nice golden brown appearance.
- Allow to cool. Slice into bars and store in a Tupperware container or Ziploc bag.