These made-from-scratch Pumpkin Donuts are easy and versatile. Top them with one of the options below or your own favorites. Enjoy them as a snack or pair them with some fresh fruit and Greek yogurt for a balanced breakfast.
Some mornings just require donuts. But when Autumn rolls around, you need a special kind of donut. A pumpkin donut!
- These pumpkin donuts are a healthy alternative to greasy, carby fried doughnuts.
- These are made with all natural ingredients and no refined sugars or fats.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Recipe originally shared by a fellow blogger, Kristen at My Mission Impossible. This blog is no longer in existence.
Pumpkin Donuts Recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or plain)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 packets stevia
- ½ scoop whey protein powder (I used cinnamon swirl but vanilla is fine too)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or plain)
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- stevia to taste if needed
- Prehat oven to 350° F.
- Whisk all ingredients together and carefully pour into doughnut pan. Don’t fill too high or you won’t have a hole in the middle of your doughnut!
- Bake for 20 minutes or until done.
- For the glaze, simply whisk all the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and pour over the donuts after they have cooled.