These clean Pumpkin Donuts are easy and versatile. Top them with one of the options below or your own favorites. Enjoy them as a snack or pair them with some fresh fruit and Greek yogurt for a balanced breakfast.
~ While I’m busy getting settled from my move, I’ve invited a wonderful guest blogger to guest post here . I know you’ll love her amazing, clean eating recipe!
Hello Gracious Pantry readers! My name is Kristin and I blog over at My Mission Impossible (Update: Blog no longer active) about my struggles as a working mother trying to keep her family healthy and happy.
I’m honored to be here to share one of my family’s favorite new fall recipes with you. I too am a clean-eater so you can rest assured that these are healthy and nutritious, and of course your mini chefs will love them as well!
My children inhaled these! I couldn’t believe it. Usually they’ll be excited to taste something, take two bites and then whine about wanting something different! I’ve stopped mentioning that things are healthy. My daughter finished hers in about two seconds flat and my son happily followed suit. Even my husband liked them, and he’s often the pickiest one!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Pumpkin Donuts
- DONUT INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or plain)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 packets stevia
- GLAZE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 scoop whey protein powder (I used cinnamon swirl but vanilla is fine too)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or plain)
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- stevia to taste if needed
- Whisk all ingredients together and carefully pour into doughnut pan. Don't fill too high or you won't have a hole in the middle of your doughnut!
- Bake at 350 F. for 20 minutes or until done.
- For the glaze, simply whisk all the ingredients together in a small mixing bowl and pour over the donuts after they have cooled.