Sometimes, you just have to let your Instant Pot do the hard work. This simple recipe for clean eating Instant Pot steel cut oatmeal with superfood toppings takes about 5 minutes of actual prep time and makes breakfast for the entire family!
And if you’re making this for a few days for just one or two people, mix it up by customizing your toppings for unique flavors all week long!
WHY MAKE OATMEAL IN AN INSTANT POT?
Does the IP save time? Not necessarily. It will take you about the same time to make this in the IP as it would to cook it on the stove. So why bother?
It’s all about the “fix it and forget it” aspect. You can dump ingredients in the IP, set it and walk away while you get ready for the day. It saves you the headache of standing at the stove, so you can get ready and out the door instead.
WHAT OTHER NUTRIENT-DENSE TOPPINGS CAN I TRY?
- Berries – strawberries, cranberries, blackberries
- Other fruits – apples, apricots, cantaloup, cherries, grapes, mangos, oranges, papaya, peaches, pineapple or pomegranate
- Seeds – flaxseed, chia seeds, sunflower seed or pumpkin seeds
- Veggies – shredded carrots
- Deliciousness – dark chocolate, coconut
WONDERING ABOUT AN INSTANT POT?
- They are similar to slow cookers in that you can fill them, set them and walk away.
- Most of the time, they are great time savers.
- Great for one pot meals.
- Totally safe thanks to new and improved safety features.
MY INSTANT POT:
I love the 7 in 1 because it has a yogurt-making feature. I haven’t made any yet, but I love that I have the option!
IN OTHER NEWS:
I’m going back to culinary school! It’s not the same program I was able to attend last time, and that makes me a little sad. But on the other hand, this is a plant based program, so I’m absolutely thrilled to attend! I start in a few days, so I’ll do my best to share what I learn as I learn it!
If you try this recipe (or any of my other recipes!), please rate it below. And if you’re feeling chatty, let me know how it turned out for you and what your favorite topping combination is!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE CLEAN EATING RECIPES:
CLEAN EATING INSTANT POT STEEL CUT OATMEAL RECIPE:
Clean Eating Instant Pot Superfood Steel Cut Oatmeal
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 5 cups water
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract (optional but good)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 medium banana (sliced)
- milk of choice at serving
- Use the oil to grease the inside of your IP insert/pot. This will cut down on foam inside your IP while cooking.
- Combine the oats, water, vanilla, cinnamon and almond extract in the greased insert and return the insert to your Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid, close the vent valve and press the manual button. Set pressure to high and adjust time to 12 minutes.
- When the IP beeps, allow approximately 15 minutes for a natural release. You can leave it longer, but don't do any less than 15 minutes.
- Release the vent/valve to expel any leftover steam and then remove the lid.
- Scoop your oats into a bowl and top with the toppings mentioned above. Pour your favorite type of milk over the top and enjoy!