As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These clean eating daily snack tray ideas will save your summer!
The kids are out of school and moms everywhere are wondering, “what the heck am I going to feed those snack-eating food monsters all day???”
But fear not! There is a way to stay within your budget AND give those kids something they can snack on all day at their own leisure.
It’s called the Daily Snack Tray and it’s something I started doing last summer.
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO:
- Find a tray or platter that will hold a fair amount of snack food for your entire family. Remember, this is for just one day.
- Every day when I’m making breakfast (or you can do this the night before), I also put together a tray of healthy snacks. Lots of fruits and veggies, often with dip and other clean foods that are “snackable”.
- Occasionally, add a few treats like cookies. Don’t make this a super strict thing every single day. We all need the occasional treat.
The whole idea with the clean eating daily snack tray is, I control what we snack on all day and we both know that that tray has to last us all day. So it’s also a form of portion control. We know that tray has to last because once that stuff is gone, there are no more snacks for the day. So it helps with the budget as well. Subconsciously, we know that’s all we have for the day, so we naturally make it stretch. It’s a great tool for snacking healthy and keeping the food budget in check. And if you are lucky enough to have any fruit trees or a veggie garden in summer, your platter will always be full without too much stretch on the wallet.
Need ideas for what to put on your tray?
CLEAN EATING DAILY SNACK TRAY IDEAS:
- Melon chunks (think watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc…)
- Carrot sticks
- Celery (with peanut butter if you wish)
- Summer squash sticks
- Sweet potato fries
- Crackers (whole grain)
- Veggie Dip
- Fruit Dip
- Jicama sticks
- Healthier corn chips
- Homemade potato chips
- Granola Bars (homemade is best)
- Roasted chickpeas
- Trail mix
- Spinach dip
- Mini muffins
- Snack bars
- Energy balls
- Whole grain bread sticks
- Whole grain pretzels
- Stuffed dates
- Protein bars
- Dried fruit bars
- Roasted pumpkin seeds