As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This clean eating breakfast smoothie recipe is an energy-filled start to your day!
Since giving up dairy, I have to say my life has changed considerably. My food cravings have vanished, my skin is clearing up and I no longer have “fog brain”.
But the problem with giving up dairy is that coffee and all its counterparts (can we say latte???) just are not the same.
I’ve tried almond milk and coconut milk. Neither one tastes like dairy does. And since caffeine has never been a very good friend to me either, I figured it was just high time to pitch them both to the curb.
I know. I know. Life without coffee? Have I lost my marbles?
But the truth is, there are smoothies like this one that give my morning a fantastic kickstart without the caffeine, and I can feel confident that my body is getting a nice dose of nutrition first thing in the morning.
I make this right after getting out of bed, and by the time I get halfway done with it, I’m zipping around my apartment like the Energizer Bunny. Not bad for a caffeine-free start to the day!
More Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
Remember to subscribe to my free newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox. Click here to sign up!
Clean Eating Breakfast Smoothie Recipe Card
Clean Eating Good Morning Sunshine Smoothie Recipes
- 1 cup traditional rolled oats
- 1 cup frozen mango pieces (no sugar added)
- ½ small orange (peeled, segmented and seeds removed)
- 1 cup water
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper (helps your body absorb the turmeric)
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- ½ tsp. fresh, grated ginger
- sweetneer of choice (to taste – optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Note: Feel free to adjust the spices to your liking.