This baby kale recipe is for the dedicated kale lovers. It’s earthy, strong flavored, peppery and just so…. kale-like! With garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, the flavors of this veggie side dish will stay with you for a while.
I sometimes struggle with kale. It’s not the easiest vegetable to get creative with. At least not for me. The flavor is so specific and so strong that I often have a tough time pairing it with other ingredients. So instead of fighting it, I decided to go with it.
There is no mistaking the fact that you are eating kale with this baby kale recipe. It’s dominant and almost overwhelming. A perfect side dish for those dedicated to kale!
OTHER BABY KALE RECIPES TO TRY:
Clean Eating Garlic Baby Kale with Crushed Red Peppers
(Makes 2 servings)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth, no sugar added
- 4 generous cups, tightly packed baby kale
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder OR 6 cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- Sauté the garlic in the olive oil in a large pan.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pan and add the kale, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and soy sauce. Cook until kale is wilted and cooked to your liking.