As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This baby kale pasta recipe is a quick and easy dinner that is delicious, filling, and makes everyone happy at the dinner table!
Pasta night is always a good night around here. I love it because all I have to do is toss in a few tasty ingredients with my pasta, give it a toss or two in a skillet and dinner is served. It’s hard to do pasta wrong if you have good ingredients.
I like to keep things simple and work with what I have on hand. In this case, turkey bacon, tomatoes and baby kale! Baby kale is incredibly nutritious stuff (it’s a superfood!). Add some protein and other veggies and you’ve got yourself a complete meal. I love on pot/pan meals! Well technically, two pots/pans because you have to cook the pasta first. But whatever. You get what I’m saying….
HOW TO SERVE BABY KALE PASTA
This is a very simple dish that doesn’t require a lot of fuss. The best way to serve this after cooking is with a small pat of butter and some parmesan cheese. You can add salt and pepper if you wish. But that’s it! Not much fuss at all.
For this recipe, I used Banza chickpea pasta. I love the brand and it’s far easier on my blood sugar than regular pasta. But if you like regular pasta, feel free! I highly recommend a whole grain pasta with this dish. Not just because it’s healthier, but also because it adds a certain flavor that works super well with this dish.
Remember to subscribe to my free, Gracious Pantry Newsletter to receive all my latest recipes in your inbox! Click here to sign up!
MORE BABY KALE RECIPES:
BABY KALE PASTA RECIPE
Baby Kale Pasta Recipe
- 3 cups packed baby kale
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- 4 medium garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ lb. dry pasta (cooked to package directions)
- 4 strips bacon (cooked – I used Applegate Turkey Bacon)
- 2 tbsp. oil (divided)
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Sauté the kale and tomatoes in 1 tbsp. oil until the kale is wilted.
- Stir in the garlic for one minute, then stir in the pasta and chopped, pre-cooked bacon along with the last half of the oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with parmesan if using.