A fan on facebook forwarded a recipe to me thinking I might enjoy a new type of brownie. A brownie made with coconut flour!
Not being one to turn down a good brownie, I took a peek at the recipe. It looked lovely, and with organic butter, it would have been clean. But since I’m not eating any dairy at the moment, I had to make a change in the source of fat for these. And because I did that, I had to have more egg to help it bind. I also like a heavier vanilla flavor so….. well…. you get the idea. I changed the recipe.
But my, oh my….what a great treat! Something I absolutely needed for my sanity today…
P.S. – These are gluten-free, dairy-free AND grain-free! Oh, and did I mention they are DA-ANG good!!????
But it’s also only fair to say that even though these are called “Freedom Brownies”, that doesn’t mean they are free of calories or fat. These are definitely a once-in-a-while treat.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 5 whole eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, no sugar added
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour and cocoa powder.
- Whisk in the coconut oil, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Blend well.
- Pour batter into a greased baking dish (mine was about 7x11), and bake at 350 F. for about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool. This is important because they tend to fall apart easily when warm, making it difficult to get them out of the pan.