As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These cranberry oat bran muffins will fill you up with plenty of fiber!
Bran muffins are supposed to be good for you. But truth be told, many are not. They are filled with sugar and other not-so-good-for-you ingredients. So I just had to try my own version.
I used one of my regular muffin recipes and converted it to the muffin you see above. It was tasty and I had a hard time keeping Mini Chef from eating the whole batch. How’s that for making sure a kid gets his fiber?
These freeze really well too. You can freeze them for up to 4 months in a food-safe, air-tight container. They will last in the fridge for up to a week or two. These are not meant for the pantry or countertop because there are no preservatives!
They make a great take-along snack, they go well with coffee for breakfast in the morning, or on occasion, even make a great dessert!
More Healthy Muffin Recipes
CRANBERRY OAT BRAN MUFFINS RECIPE:
Cranberry Oat Bran Muffins
- Standard muffin pan
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup honey (for sweet muffins – OR ¼ cup for not-so-sweet muffins)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce (use ½ cup if you used ¼ cup honey)
- 1 cup dried cranberries (fruit juice sweetened – I get mine at Whole Foods. Amazon has them too)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, oat bran, baking powder and cranberries.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, honey, almond milk and apple sauce.
- Whisk the flour mixture in to the wet mixture and blend well.
- Spoon batter in to standard sized cupcake papers until the batter is approximately 1/4 inch from the top of the papers.
- Bake at 350F. for approximately 20-30 minutes or until they just start to turn golden brown.
- Cool and serve.
I'm Tiffany, a cookbook author, food lover, mom, and writer for MSN and the AP Newswire.
Looking to stock your freezer for busy weeknights?
I wrote the book! Grab a copy of my book, Clean Eating Freezer Meals on Amazon here, or at select bookstores nationwide!