French toast is awesome. Don’t you think?
I mean, who ever thought of soaking some bread, getting it all gooey, and then cooking it? Whoever it was, they were brilliant. Just brilliant.
I’ve developed a rather strong love affair with coconut over the last couple years. I used to hate it. Couldn’t get me within 10 feet of something that had coconut in it. But that all changed after I had fresh coconut for the first time, and it’s been all downhill from there. I use it whenever I can!
Then it dawned on me, why not make coconut french toast? Brilliant! Just brilliant! (Yes, I’m patting myself on the back for this one.)
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Clean Eating Coconut French Toast
(Makes 4 servings)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices clean, whole grain bread
- 1/4 cup dry coconut flakes
- Honey for topping
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the egg whites, coconut milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Submerge the bread in to the mixture, being sure to turn it several times to get all sides coated and wet.
- Using a non-sick pan and a very light coat of olive oil from a sprayer, cook on medium heat until the bread is cooked through, paying special attention to being sure that the egg and the middle of the bread slices are cooked through.
- Put the toast on a plate and sprinkle each piece with 1 tbsp. of the coconut flakes.
- Add a little honey to taste and serve.